Truth Hide & Seek
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» 50 Dangers from Obamacare
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:49 pm

» Obama Claims That Government Tyranny is Impossible, Because “Government is “Us”"
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:48 am

» Pennsylvania family suing sex offender neighbor that assaulted daughter into buying their home
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:02 pm

» Devil in TV show’s ‘The Bible’ bears striking resemblance to Obama
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:38 am

» UFO databases for extraterrestrial seekers
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 pm

» Senior Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Official Blows Whistle On UFOs
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:22 pm

» Gucci Mane Trap Back 2
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:25 am

» UFC 158: GSP shuts out Nick Diaz, who teases retirement
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:18 am

» The ‘Horribly Mutated’ Seafood In The Gulf Of Mexico
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:11 am

» Massive Crop Circle Carved In Russian Field
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:44 am

UFC 158: GSP shuts out Nick Diaz, who teases retirement

Go down

UFC 158: GSP shuts out Nick Diaz, who teases retirement Empty UFC 158: GSP shuts out Nick Diaz, who teases retirement

Post by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:18 am

UFC 158: GSP shuts out Nick Diaz, who teases retirement Ufc2-4_3_rx512_c680x510

MONTREAL – It wasn't the worst beating ever seen in the octagon, but UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre thoroughly dominated challenger Nick Diaz en route to a clearcut unanimous-decision win.

The title fight headlined Saturday's UFC 158 event at Montreal's Bell Centre and aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

St-Pierre's intensity was evident from the moment he stepped into the cage. Diaz taunted him from the other side of the octagon, and there was no touch of gloves.

As the grudge match kicked off, Diaz walked forward with punches, but St-Pierre answered with kicks to the leg and then scored a takedown just seconds into the opening round. Diaz quickly rolled and turned as he looked for opportunities on the floor, but St-Pierre patiently controlled the positioning as he transitioned from side to side and looked for a chance to take his opponent's back. Diaz defended well as he turned to create space, but it was complete positional control for St-Pierre throughout the frame.

A frustrated Diaz lunged at St-Pierre well after the bell, but referee Yves Lavigne prevented any contact.

Diaz again fired punches from distance to open the second, and St-Pierre briefly obliged with a few crisp counter punches before driving in for another takedown a little more than 30 seconds into the round. Diaz worked to his knees but found no room for submissions or an escape. A stronger St-Pierre simply out-muscled Diaz while keeping him tight to the mat.

Diaz finally scrambled up with one minute remaining, and the pair traded on the feet until the bell. Diaz failed to gain any momentum, and he was once again pulled away by Lavigne at the bell.

more here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ufc/2013/03/17/ufc-158-georges-st-pierre-defeats-nick-diaz/1993813/

I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin

http://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum