Truth Hide & Seek
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» 50 Dangers from Obamacare
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:49 pm

» Obama Claims That Government Tyranny is Impossible, Because “Government is “Us”"
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:48 am

» Pennsylvania family suing sex offender neighbor that assaulted daughter into buying their home
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:02 pm

» Devil in TV show’s ‘The Bible’ bears striking resemblance to Obama
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:38 am

» UFO databases for extraterrestrial seekers
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 pm

» Senior Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Official Blows Whistle On UFOs
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:22 pm

» Gucci Mane Trap Back 2
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:25 am

» UFC 158: GSP shuts out Nick Diaz, who teases retirement
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:18 am

» The ‘Horribly Mutated’ Seafood In The Gulf Of Mexico
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:11 am

» Massive Crop Circle Carved In Russian Field
by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:44 am

Court: CIA's Defense of Drone Secrecy 'Neither Logical Nor Plausible'

Go down

Court: CIA's Defense of Drone Secrecy 'Neither Logical Nor Plausible' Empty Court: CIA's Defense of Drone Secrecy 'Neither Logical Nor Plausible'

Post by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:37 pm

The American Civil Liberties Union claimed a small victory against the CIA on Friday, following a federal court ruling that determined the CIA cannot deny its "intelligence interest" in the targeted killing program or continue its argument that the program's literal existence remains a secret protected by national security claims.

The unanimous ruling by a three judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit said it was neither "logical nor plausible" for President Obama and other top officials to brag about the drone program publicly one day, but subsequently allow the CIA to refuse acknowledgement of the programs existence.

The ACLU filed a Freedom of Information Act request for documents on the secretive drone program, but has been repeatedly rebuffed with claims of "national security."

"This is an important victory. It requires the government to retire the absurd claim that the CIA's interest in the targeted killing program is a secret, and it will make it more difficult for the government to deflect questions about the program's scope and legal basis," said ACLU Deputy Legal Director Jameel Jaffer, who argued the case before a three-judge panel of the D.C. Circuit Appeals Court in September.

source -- http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/03/15-2

I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin

http://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum